OPP VIP Coaching is where riders of all skill levels can learn to become better, safer, smarter and more confident riders.
Students are taken through an educational process that is fun, progressive and limitless in terms of learning. Students of all skill levels learn from the same general curriculum with the difference being that if can be tailored to fit the rider’s own individual needs and goals. Students apply the techniques and skills learned in the paddock mini classroom in a controlled and gradual manner on the racetrack. Students who successfully achieve their own personal riding objectives share the same traits in that they keep an open mind, have a willingness to learn and have a good work ethic.
Instructors are extremely talented riders with extensive backgrounds in TrackDay riding, racing, instructing and in the motorcycle industry. They have each been handpicked for their passion for instructing and their ability to teach in a positive, supportive and progressive manner.
We can help all students, whether they are newer TrackDay riders, expert TrackDay riders or racers of any level achieve their best.
What VIP Coaching offers to newer TrackDay riders:
Students learn skills and techniques to become better, safer, smarter and more confident TrackDay riders by working to achieve these Highly Elevated Riding Objectives:
- Risk minimization
- Body positioning
- Throttle control
- Downshifting techniques
- Clutch control
- RPM management
- Braking techniques
- Corner entries
- Lines through corners
- Corner exits
- Lean angle management
- Visual skills
- Reference points
- Safe passing techniques for track riding
- Preparation of mind and body for track riding
- Motorcycle set up and adjustment to suit rider
- Basic motorcycle maintenance
What we offer experienced TrackDay riders:
Students learn all the same skills and techniques as newer TrackDay rider students in addition to :
- On track risk versus reward situational self assessment
- On track commitment level self assessment
- Advanced braking techniques (including trail braking)
- Front wheel slide recovery techniques
- Rear wheel slide recovery techniques
- On track breathing techniques
We have made this very affordable
What is included in your OPP Trackday plus VIP Coaching
FELL LIKE A PRO ACT LIKE A PRO BE TREATED LIKE A PRO !
• Mini Classroom session with Professional Motorcycle Racers and Instructors.
• On track lead and follow laps focusing on techniques and skills learned in classroom sessions.
• Personalized coaching to help students increase riding skills and confidence on track
• Area for VIP Coaching clients including an extended snacks.
• VIP snacks, water , sparkling , coconut water, Gatorade refreshments.
• Highest priority waiting list, VIP Technical Inspection at your pit.
• Staff assistance upon request.
VIP Coaching is for you if:
1. You are new to track riding
2. Been riding on the street and you would like to elevate your skill level
3. Want to improve your track riding skills to the next level .
4. Feel more confident on your bike on and off track
5. Get the most out of your OppTrackday
6. Learn Area 27 quickly and safely with a pro instructor showing best lines ( entry & exit)
7. Master 3 blind corners (#9, #11, #14) and the tricky turns #5, #7 at Area 27
8. Improve your lap time bragging rights among your friends safely !
9. Reduce risk or crashing your expensive ride
10. Learn how to look like a pro on and off the track !
11. Get the most out of your bike handling , set up and power .
VIP Coaching per day $675 CAD plus tax (on top of the daily Track Day $425 CAD fee).
For 1 on 1 VIP Coaching it is $1100 CAD
A good rider on a old 600 cc bike can beat most on new 1000cc bikes easily ! It’s not the bike it’s the rider. Technique and suspension set-up is everything !
We have developed a graduated learning program where every rider must start at Level 1, progressing to level 3. Independent of your current abilities.
*This does not mean that you will start in relaxed group if you are in the advanced group.*
OPP Trackdays will issue a certificate on successful completion of each level.
VIP Coaching is excellent for riders of all skills especially those new to Area 27, and new to trackdays. Offered to riders who want to develop their skills and build confidence, you will learn how to become a better trackday rider as well as street rider. Trackday experiences always convert to being a better street rider. Area 27 is very challenging with elevation changes, cambered corners, 3 blind corners, and 16 corners in total. We understand that it can be intimidating, and we are here to guide you safely through many of these challenges. You will learn the basic etiquette for trackdays and everything you need know!
- Important things like Tire pressure, Suspension, make sure your tank is full, you are fully hydrated!
- Learning the Track & Challenges
- Control Rider Communication
- Basic Corner Entry, Apex & Exit
- Basic Track Line
- Basic Acceleration
- Basic body Position
- Basic Braking Points,
- Basic Visual Skills
- Basic Risk Minimization and Safe Passing Zones
Level 2 (includes all Level 1 skills)
Level 2 VIP Coaching is for riders who:
- Have completed Level 1 VIP Coaching or have track experience
- Are possibly new to Area27
- Want to take track riding more seriously
- Who are very comfortable on the road and want to increase their skills on track.
During initial sessions, riders track comfort levels will be evaluated in order to optimize and customize the learning experience. While you learn to utilize the whole track, instructors monitor your ability for successful corner entry, apex and exit, which is of utmost importance. Instructors will divide the circuit into 3-4 teachable sections before combining them. Riders will learn braking markers, become comfortable with sticking to visual markers, learn the skills to getting the knee down, and more.
- Focusing on proper corner Entrance, Apex, & Exit
- Learning track & specific corners that client has identified
- Focus on Body Position
- Throttle Control
- Downshift / Up Shift Techniques
- Clutch Control
- Foot Position
- Braking Technique
- Vision Points & References
- Safe Passing Techniques
Level 3 (includes 1 & 2)
Level 3 VIP Coaching is for the individual who has successfully completed Level 1 and 2 or who have permission from the OppTrackday staff. At this point you are fully comfortable with Area27 track riding, and you want to improve your corner entry, apex, exit, and body position braking points. We will be focusing on maximizing your momentum of corner entry, apex and exit lines. We will take you at your level of “race pace” after initially evaluating your abilities. Your pace will slowly increase while instructors help you work on your areas needing improvement. The goal for the end of day, is to gain the ability to understand bike feed back and tire grip.
Level 3 VIP Coaching includes:
- Lean Angle Management
- Ideal Braking Points
- Improving Key Visual Skills
- Ideal Lines
- Focusing on RPM Management
- Throttle Control
- Risk Minimization & Safe Passing
- Understanding Bike Feedback (suspension & tire grip)
This is an excellent way to dramatically and most of all safely improve your riding skills. You will receive a safe introduction to track riding , pointing out proper breaking points , entrance and exit lines , safe entrance and exit on/off track, and proper track etiquette as well as tire set up , suspension overview and quick tips to make things easier .
Riders are guaranteed to learn and improve riding skills.