- Everyone must sign the waiver at the Area 27 facility gate and sign the waiver at the OPP Trackdays Registration Desk.
Download OPP Track Day Waiver
- Helmets must always be worn when riding a motorcycle in the pits. Slow speed in the pits.
- No smoking in the pits, only in designated areas. Dispose of cigarette butts safely.
- Keep pits clean, pick up after yourself. Use garbage bins and recycling bins provided.
ON TRACK RULES:
- When entering the track form Pit Lane do not ride a tight line through Turn 1 (Do not apex Turn 1). Ride along the outside of the corner all the way through Turn 1 then blend onto the racing line. This only applies to your out lap which is any time you enter the track from the pits. During any flying lap you may apex Turn 1.
- Do not weave from side to side in an effort to warm up your tires, this does not work and causes a potentially dangerous situation.
- It is 100% the passing rider’s responsibility to make a safe pass. Formulate a plan for the pass well in advance of coming up on other riders.
- Do not swoop out to a wide corner entry at the last moment. If you want to enter a corner wide, position your motorcycle on that line early. Ride predictable lines.
- Always look ahead at where you want your motorcycle to go. Do not fixate on other riders or anything off track. Do not look behind you or shoulder check. OPP Trackdays Staff are the only ones that may look behind.
- If you crash and you are okay get yourself away from the impact zone as soon as possible. Once a Corner Marshal deems it okay, you may go pick up your motorcycle if you can and move it away from the impact zone. If a Corner Marshal or OPP Trackdays Staff member authorizes it, you may re-mount and ride back to the pits. Corner Marshals or OPP Trackdays Staff Members have the final word.
- Do not stop on track at any time other than a Red Flag situation.
- Do not decide to enter the pits during a session at the last moment. Indicate you will be exiting the track with your left hand held high at designated part of the track. Ride on the outside of the corner that leads to pit entry while holding left hand high.
- No stunting of any kind.
- When exiting the track raise your left hand while maintaining speed before Turn 13 and stay to the right side of the track through Turn 14. Track exit is located on the outside of Turn 14.
- If you feel that you are being held up by a pack of riders in your group you have the option to enter pit lane (using the correct track exit procedure) and stop at the Marshal Station to let them know you are waiting for a gap to re-enter the track (using the correct track entry procedure). It’s all about quality track time over quantity track time.
- If you are feeling tired at any point and are not sure whether you should go out for your session then simply don’t. You should always have 100% commitment when entering the track. Relax, breathe and have FUN!!!
- Relaxed Group: Passing is allowed on straightaways and the outside of corners. No passing on the inside of corners. Try to ride a tight line through corners if being passed often. No less than a 6 foot buffer between motorcycles.
- Intermediate Group: Passing is allowed on straightaways, outside of corners and the inside of the braking zone only up to the tip in point. No passing on inside of corners beyond the point where the motorcycle starts to lean (aka stuffing). No less than a 6 foot buffer between motorcycles.
- Advanced Group: Passing is allowed on any part of the track. No less than a 6 foot buffer between motorcycles.
Green Flag: Track is open. Indicates where Corner Marshal stations are. Take it easy on the first 2 laps in order to warm up your tires, your motorcycle and yourself. Never be in a hurry to go fast.
Stationary Yellow Flag: Use caution. Do not have to slow down. Do not chop the throttle.
Waving Yellow Flag: Use extreme caution. No passing. Do not have to slow down. Do not chop the throttle.
Red Flag: Left hand up! Slow and controlled roll off of throttle. Stop at next Corner Marshal Station and wait for instructions from Corner Marshal.
Black Flag: Left hand up! Slow and controlled roll off of throttle. Pull off racing line and off track on the inside at next Corner Marshal Station and wait for instructions from Corner Marshal.
Meatball Flag: Track Control needs to speak to you. Finish your current lap and take track exit using the correct procedure then go directly to Track Control in the hot pit.
Debris Flag: Use caution. Corner Marshal will direct riders to safe line using hand signals.
Checkered Flag: Session is over. Exit the track on current lap using correct track exit procedure.
CONTROL RIDERS & INSTRUCTORS:
- OPP Trackdays Staff on track will be wearing staff shirts over their leathers and will ride in all groups to monitor riding and offer coaching. Do not slow down if you come up on an OPP Trackday Staff Member on track, feel free to pass them.
- If an OPP Trackday Staff Member gets in front of you and points at you then taps the tail section of his/her motorcycle, follow them.
- If an OPP Trackday Staff Member gets in front of you and points at you then raises his/her arm to come into the pits, raise your arm and follow them into the pits.
- No changes, refunds and no cancellations on any Track Day tickets, however attendees can be swapped by transferring the name of the person attending the event up to 5 business days prior to event.
- Events run rain or shine. Lucky for us, Osoyoos is the desert of Canada, there is virtually no rain during event days.